Do you like talking about craft beer? Do you enjoy showing people a good time? Or maybe you’d like to meet the staff, brewers and owners of almost every brewery in Vancouver? If you answered yes to any of these then we think you’d make a great brewery tour guide and you should apply now!
We’re a small team with a big passion for our local craft beer community and take pride in connecting locals and tourists with the craft breweries of Vancouver. We’re seeking passionate and knowledgeable brewery tour guides to join our growing team. The position is part time and on call, with weekday and weekend shifts available. Shifts are 5-8 hours long.
We offer industry leading hourly rates with access to competitive gratuities, and provide a comprehensive beer and brewery training program to support your success.
Think you’re right for the job? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Passion for locally made craft beer is a MUST
- Sound knowledge of craft beer, or be willing to learn: including beer styles, the brewing process, and familiarity with the Vancouver brewery scene in general
- Ability to command and captivate a crowd and lead a tour for groups of all size
- Captivating storytelling and sales abilities
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Respectful sense of humour and a laugh that lights up a room!
- Positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude
We are seeking candidates with either a Class 4 drivers license, or be willing to obtain one. We provide FREE driving training, and 100% reimbursement on the cost of the license. If you can drive a car, you can drive a brewery tour van!
We are searching for 3 types of candidates:
- STRONG experience in the local craft beer scene (brewers, home brewers, liquor store, bartenders, etc) and WILLING to obtain a Class 4 driver’s license.
- SOME craft beer experience and WILLING to obtain a Class 4 driver’s license.
- Holds a Class 4 License AND strong craft beer experience? Skip the interview you’re hired!
- Experience as a tour guide an asset but not required
- Have a smartphone with access to social media
- PC or Mac with access to the Microsoft suite of products
- Aged 19 or over
- Please note a criminal record check and ICBC driver’s abstract will be requested from the successful candidate
How to apply
- Email a PDF or Word document of your resume along with a cover letter. In your cover letter show us a little personality! Please tell us the following:
- Why you’ll make the perfect brewery tour guide
- Tell us your beer experience – do you homebrew? Have you worked in a brewery? How familiar are you with our craft beer community?
- Do you hold a Class 4 License? Yes or No. If not are you willing to obtain one.
- Tell us about your favourite Vancouver brewery and why you think others should support them
- Submit your application to email@example.com
Due to the amount of applications received, we will only be contacting potential candidates. Thank you for your interest and good luck!