Archive for month: January, 2015
We’re expanding again! Do you love craft beer? Do you love talking about craft beer to anyone who will listen? Well how would you like to get paid to talk about beer and join the best team in the industry! We’re looking for 2-3 new guides to join our expanding team. Check out the job description below and apply now!
About Vancouver Brewery Tours
Vancouver Brewery Tours connects both residents and visitors alike to Vancouver’s burgeoning craft-beer community via daily Public Tours, Beer and Food Tours, and completely customizable Private and Corporate Group Tours. While on tour, guests ride comfortably in our fleet of vans and enjoy VIP, behind-the-scenes access to a host of local breweries as well as samples of iconic local craft brews as a team of friendly and knowledgeable tour guides take them through the brewing process from grain to glass.
The Opportunity: Brewery Tour Guides
We are seeking 2-3 passionate and knowledgeable brewery tour guides to join our team. The positions are for on call, part time and potentially full time. The successful candidate must be available every Saturday, potentially Sundays, with other weekday shifts available upon request. Shifts are 5-8 hours long.
Think you’re right for the job? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Passion for locally made craft beer is a MUST
• Sound knowledge of craft beer, or be willing to learn: Including beer styles, the brewing process, and familiarity with the Vancouver brewery scene in general.
• Ability to command and captivate a crowd and lead a tour for up to 14 beer lovers
• Be 100% responsible for a positive and memorable experience for each and every guest
• Captivating storytelling and sales abilities
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Skilled conversationalist
• Clean and professional appearance
• Respectful sense of humour and a laugh that lights up a room!
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Acute time management skills
• Ability to project your voice in loud spaces
• Professional and goal oriented approach to your work
The Successful Candidate
We are searching for 3 types of candidates
1) Holds a Class 4 driver’s license and a passion for Vancouver craft beer (beer experience not necessary)
2) Experience in the beer industry, and willing to obtain a Class 4 license.
3) Holds a Class 4 License AND strong craft beer experience? Skip the interview you’re hired!
We provide a competitive base salary, and 100% of the tips earned on tour are yours. Comensurate with experience.
• Experience as a tour guide an asset
• Have a smartphone with access to social media
• PC or Mac with access to the MS suite of products
• Aged 19 or over
• Please note a criminal record check and ICBC driver’s abstract will be requested from the successful candidates
How to apply:
1. Email a PDF or Word document of your resume along with a cover letter. In your cover letter show us a little personality! Tell us:
• Why you’ll make the perfect brewery tour guide
• Your beer experience
• If you hold a Class 4 License
• About your favourite Vancouver brewery and why you think others should support them
2. Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org