The Opportunity: Brewery Tour Guide
How would you like to get paid to talk about craft beer? Do you enjoy showing people a good time? Or maybe you’d like to meet the staff, brewers and owners of almost every brewery in Vancouver? If you answered yes to any of these then we think you’d make a great brewery tour guide and you should apply now!
We’re a small team with a big passion for our local craft beer community and take pride in connecting locals and tourists with the craft breweries of Vancouver. We’re seeking a passionate and knowledgeable brewery tour guide to join our growing team. The position is part time and on-call, mostly evenings and weekends. The successful candidate must be available every Saturday with other weekday/weekend shifts available upon request. Shifts are 5-8 hours long. We offer industry leading hourly rates with access to competitive gratuities, and provide a comprehensive training program to support your success.
Think you’re right for the job? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Passion for locally made craft beer is a MUST
- Sound knowledge of craft beer, or be willing to learn: including beer styles, the brewing process, and familiarity with the Vancouver brewery scene in general
- Ability to command and captivate a crowd, and lead a tour for groups of all size
- Be 100% responsible for a positive and memorable experience for each and every guest
- Captivating storytelling and sales abilities
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Skilled conversationalist
- Clean and professional appearance
- Respectful sense of humour and a laugh that lights up a room!
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Acute time management skills
- Ability to project your voice in loud spaces
- Professional and goal oriented approach to your work
We are searching for 3 types of candidates:
- STRONG experience in the local craft beer scene (brewers, home brewers, liquor store, bartenders, etc) and WILLING to obtain a Class 4 driver’s license.
- SOME craft beer experience and WILLING to obtain a Class 4 driver’s license.
- Holds a Class 4 License AND strong craft beer experience? Skip the interview you’re hired!
- Experience as a tour guide an asset but not required
- Have a smartphone with access to social media
- PC or Mac with access to the Microsoft suite of products
- Aged 19 or over
- Please note a criminal record check and ICBC driver’s abstract will be requested from the successful candidate
How to apply
- Email a PDF or Word document of your resume along with a cover letter. In your cover letter show us a little personality! Please tell us the following:
- Why you’ll make the perfect brewery tour guide
- What is your beer experience – do you homebrew? Have you worked in a brewery? How well do you know the Vancouver craft beer scene and/or beer styles? And more.
- Do you hold a Class 4 License? Yes or No. If not are you willing to obtain one.
- About your favourite Vancouver brewery and why you think others should support them
- Submit your application to email@example.com
Due to the amount of applications received, we will only be contacting potential candidates. Thank you for your interest and good luck!