Are you passionate about craft beer? Are you a natural leader who is comfortable entertaining and sharing your love of craft beer with those around you? Well if so, do we have an opportunity for you.
About Vancouver Brewery Tours
Vancouver Brewery Tours is Vancouver’s premier craft beer brewery tour company and offers behind the scenes tours of Vancouver’s best craft breweries. What started as an idea in 2013 to share a love of locally made craft beer has turned into an exciting new industry in Vancouver. The company is growing rapidly and we are expanding our staff.
The Opportunity: Brewery Tour Guide
We are seeking a passionate and knowledgeable brewery tour guide to join our team. The position is permanent, part time and on call with strong potential for growth. Our brewery tours run year round and are currently offered Thursday through Sunday with more tours coming soon. Weekend and/or weekday shifts will be available. Shifts are 5-8 hours long. Did we mention you get to talk about craft beer for a living and get paid well for doing it?
For more information about our tours and times, check out our website.
The Perfect Candidate
Think you’re right for the job? Here are the characteristics we’re looking for:
- Passion for locally made craft beer
- Ability to command and captivate a crowd and lead a tour for up to 14 beer lovers
- Sound knowledge of craft beer: Including beer styles, the brewing process, and the Vancouver brewery scene in general. Brewing experience is preferred.
- Be 100% responsible for a positive and memorable experience for each and every guest
- Ability to build instant rapport with each and every guest
- Captivating storytelling and sales abilities
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Skilled conversationalist
- Clean and professional appearance
- Respectful sense of humour and a laugh that lights up a room!
- Genuine, empathetic and patient personality
- Reliable and prompt
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Acute time management skills
- Ability to project your voice in loud spaces
- Professional and goal oriented approach to your work
Candidates must demonstrate these requirements:
- Hold a valid BC Class 4 driver’s licence (no exceptions)
- Experienced and comfortable driving a 10-15 passenger van or bus
- Have strong knowledge of craft beer including: the brewing process, different beer styles and the Vancouver brewery scene in general.
- Have a smartphone with access to social media. Expectation is you check your email multiple times a day even on non-tour days
- Aged 19 or over
- Please note a criminal record check and ICBC driver’s abstract will be requested from the successful candidates
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have presentation or public speaking experience
- Have brewed beer at home or at a brewery
- Hold beer related certifications
- Live near downtown Vancouver
- Have a flexible schedule
Number of Available Brewery Tour Guide Positions
We’ll make sure you get everything you need to be an effective brewery tour guide. Training will be paid and last approximately 2-3 weeks. Please note, training will not be provided for a Class 4 driver’s licence.
How to apply
1) Create a short 1-2 minute video of yourself speaking about any of the following:
- Why you’ll make the perfect brewery tour guide
- Tell us about your favourite Vancouver brewery and why you think others should support them
- Or any craft beer related topic!
- Upload the video to YouTube, Vimeo, etc and include the link in your cover letter. We’re not looking for production value here, no editing required. It’s your personality that should shine above all else.
2) Submit your resume (including 2-3 references) in Word or pdf format
3) Submit a brief cover letter in Word or pdf format that outlines the following:
- How you meet the requirements and/or preferences of the position
- Availability: Days and times of the week you are available and not available to lead tours.
4) Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org